How many times we have faced the situations when people around us don’t respect us enough and don’t give us the value that we deserve. When it hurts at the same time it fills us with the anger and spite.
But what we don’t realize is maybe the trouble is not those people but maybe we do not give the importance and self-respect that we deserve for ourselves.
The Universal truth is that the Universe always shows us what we think about our selves in a way or other.
If we want that people start respecting us and give importance to us then first, we have to start respecting ourselves.
Here are 21 quotes which reflect that why self-respect is important for us.
1. Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.
2. Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.
3. Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
4. Act as if what you do make a difference. It does.
5. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.
6. Your problem is you are too busy holding on to your unworthiness.
7. There is nothing in nature that blooms all year long, so don’t expect yourself to do so.
8. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
9. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
10. The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.
11. Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do.
12. It’s surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you’re not comfortable within yourself, you can’t be comfortable with others.
13. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.
14. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
15. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
16. Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
17. Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.
18. They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.
19. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.